Table of Contents
We write this book for API product managers and people who want to manage APIs as a products. This is the Table of Contents of the API Product Management book.
Become an early adopter today and help us shape with your feedback this book.
- 1. Foreword
- 2. Preface
- 3. About the Authors
Part I: Setting the Stage
- 4. Introduction
- 4.1 What is API Product Management?
- 4.2 Why are API Products Hard?
- 4.3 What will You Learn from this Book?
- 4.4 Is this Book for You?
- 4.5 How is this Book Organized?
- 5. Why API
- 5.1 Digital Economy
- 5.2 API Ecosystem
- 5.3 Platform Business Model
- 6. Beginners Guide to API
- 6.1 What is an API?
- 6.2. What is a Digital Product?
- 6.3 Paradigm Shift: From API to VPI
- 6.4 What is an API Management Platform?
- 6.5 Who are the Stakeholders?
- 6.6 Summary
- 7. Understanding Digitalization and Digital Transformation
- 7.1 What is Digitization?
- 7.2 What is Digitalization?
- 7.3 What is Digital Transformation?
- 7.4 Summary
- 8. Two Breeds of API: API Products and API Solutions
- 8.1 Two Breads of API and Paradigm of Change
- 8.2 API Solution is the Bread of Operations
- 8.3 What is an API Solution?
- 8.4 What is the Business Value of API Solutions?
- 8.5 API Product is the Bread of Tactics
- 8.6 What is an API Product?
- 8.7 What is the Business Value of an API Product?
- 8.8 Summary
- 9. Case Studies
- 9.1 Identity
- 9.2 Smart Catalogs
II API Product Design
- 10. Human-Centered API Design
- 11. Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.1 What is the Difference Between Value Proposition and API
- 11.2 Foundations of Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.3 Value Proposition Interface Canvas
- 11.4 Example of How to Use the Value Proposition Interface Canvas to Design an API Product
- 11.5 Conclusion
III API Product Strategy
- 12. Product Vision Board
- 13. Product Lifecycle Management
- 14. Ambition Matrix
- 15. Stakeholder Management
- 16. Business models
- 17. Goal-Oriented Roadmap
IV API Product Execution
- 18. Lean API Product Development
- 18.1 Foundations of Lean API Product Development
- 18.2 Overview of the Lean API Product Development
- 18.3 Prototype-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 18.4 Analytics-First in the Lean API Product Development
- 19. Hierarchy of API Design Principle
- 19.1 Deliver Value to the Customer
- 19.2 Provide Good User Experience to the Customer
- 19.3 API Interface Design & Architecture (aka Philosophy)
- 20. API Product Pitch for Everybody
- 20.1 Daily API Product Pitch
- 20.2 How to Pitch an API Product?
- 20.3 Effective Structures for an API Product Pitch
- 21. Conclusion
“When you start to manage APIs as an interface to a value proposition, then your start managing an API product.”
— Amancio Bouza